Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Are you smiling yet??

I was feeling pretty crabby the other day.  I know very well that I have choices about my mood. I know that if we change our perception of something, or our actions, we can transform our lives. So there I was, doing the dishes and feeling crabby but knowing I didn't have to stay that way. I was talking to my daughter and suggested that we start dancing. She thought I was nuts. Not the first time I've been accused of that. When my husband got home, well, he married me, so we danced around the house for a minute. Just long enough to crack ourselves up and get back to life. 


The next morning we were talking and I said something that cracked him up and after decades, I remembered a song from a movie from when I was a kid. 


People, there are times when you need to grieve the hard stuff. There are times when you need to take action toward your dreams. And there are times--probably most all the time--when the attitude of gratitude will lift you up. You need to keep a sense of humor no matter what is happening. So, here's a little reminder that helped me the other day and I hope it will bring a smile to your face. The smile will bring you up. Maybe not literally like in this clip, but in your heart where it really matters most.


Love,
Aunt Laya

3 comments:

Nesting & Stuff said...

love it =)

hearing aids said...

nice one i enjoyed this post thanks

Sheva said...

HI I found your blog from a link of a link of a link, but I just wanted to say . LOVE IT!!!